[LinuxBIOS] Robson for LinuxBIOS

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Oct 26 19:22:36 CEST 2006

* Jun OKAJIMA <okajima at digitalinfra.co.jp> [061026 19:04]:
>   1. Robson is implemented by Vista's device driver.
>      It is just a virtual disk, like MTD of linux.
>   2. Robson is basically not supported by except Vista.
>   3. H/W implementation of Robson is not fixed, but
>      mainly it is offered as MiniCard in the early stage.
>   4. The MiniCard is attached to PCI express bus.
>
> 1 and 2 suggest that Robson Flash ROM has given same formant,
> which Vista's device driver can recognize.

so the mc might just appear as an ide device of some type and LinuxBIOS
might just support this out of the box. That'd be neat

>   1. Robson flash format has partiion talbe to add linuxbios payload area?
>   2. If not, can we change the format?

It sounds to me as if they're using a journalling filesystem an pack the
journal to the flash. Changing the format is sure possible, if the
device itself is functional in LB. Running vista might just destroy it
though ;)

Still, have you ever seen any hw for this?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613