[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu May 11 14:51:38 CEST 2006

> The perfect sulotion seems to be enabling the L1 cache in the early
> state of LB.
>
> 9s for vga is not fast, but I think we would find the reason for that.
> if there is any.

Ok, There are a few questions for me exspecially for the cr0 register.

as I say default is 60000010h

for that default the CPU is in real Mode. If I understand that right, it
is a 16bit machine ?!

More, in the Config.lb under the motherboard folder is following line in
the Setup RAM Section.

mainboardint cpu/x86/fpu/enable_fpu.inc

that file does something on register cr0, but for the GX1 in cr0 is
nothing about fpu?!

question:

what do this line

andl $~(1<<2), %eax /* found in enable_fpu.inc */

can anybody explain this in easy words ;)
which bits are set in that case.

chris