[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed May 10 04:55:59 CEST 2006

On 5/9/06, Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> wrote:

> If I understand these mess right, normally this function is called by
> device operations. i.e initializing. But these happens on enabled
> devices, only. cpu_dev_ops seems to be a special case.

Its a maze of little passages linked only by function pointers.

But I think you are correct. I don't think x86_enable_cache() is getting called.

If you look at the northbridge.c for the gx1 you will see that
initialize_cpus() is called by cpu_bus_init() which is in the
cpu_bus_ops struct.  But cpu_bus_ops only gets installed as the init
handler in enable_dev() if the device is marked as
DEVICE_PATH_APIC_CLUSTER.  Looking in the static.c that my tree
generates for the 5bcm I see that the gx1 northbridge is marked as
DEVICE_PATH_PCI_DOMAIN which will cause the .init handler to be 0.

Apply the following patch to your tree and run in spew debug mode.
This will show if initialize_cpus() is getting called or not.  Perhaps
its getting called by some other path that I don't see.

You can also try adding x86_enable_cache() into the northbridge_init()
function but you will probally need to include the cpu/x86/cache.h
file and perhaps some other header files.

--
Richard A. Smith