[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Tue May 9 22:38:13 CEST 2006

Richard Smith schrieb:
>> Question is, how can I set the L1 cache in early state, means set the
>> necassary registers.
>

> I'm a bit bandwith restricted at the moment so I can't offer a whole
> lot of help..

:D

> There should be some examples of setting CPU registers in the CPU init
> code.

Problem is, I couldn't find the indexes of this registers in the datasheet.

>> Or how can I solve the not called init section for the gx1.
>

> Which init function is not being called and what C file is it in?

under src/cpu/amd/model_gx1 are three files:
cpu_setup.inc; gx_setup.inc and model_gx1_init.c

First I have thought, that all stuff is done by the C file, but later I
have recognized that the other two files initialize the cpu in early
state, short after or before the RAM init is done.

The C file does exactly the same, but there are the init functions,
which are not called.

If I understand these mess right, normally this function is called by
device operations. i.e initializing. But these happens on enabled
devices, only. cpu_dev_ops seems to be a special case.

However, the function model_gx1_init() is never called for some reason.
Therefor, x86_enable_cache is not called, too.

The northbridge.c file under src/northbridge/amd/gx1 has a similiar init
function, it calls the initialize_cpus() function which later calls the
cpu_initialize function. But this never happens, too.

The captured serial logs have not any debug lines about cpu initializing.

chris