[LinuxBIOS] No console, yet... Ideas?

Adam Talbot talbotx at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 23:28:05 CET 2006

Console is working.  Fully tested.
Post card... There are no PCI/ISA slots on this board, all I have is 1
pc/104 slot and no jtag.  The superIO is controled by a via vt1211.  I
think I have that part of my config correct. (see below) But I am not
sure how to figure out the pnp address.
-Adam

 chip superio/via/vt1211
                                        device pnp 2e.2 on      #  Com1
                                           io 0x60 = 0x3f8
                                          irq 0x70 = 4
                                        end

Adam Talbot wrote:

> -Ron
> Well, I just got my code compiling.  But I have nothing on the
> console.  What settings/files would you advise I check. Serial debug
> is set at 9, but I am seeing nothing. Ideas?

First step: boot fuctory bios and make sure minicom works for you. Check
settings on the chips under fuctory bios.

do you have a post card?

Beep won't work, I think, since no VSA in there yet.

do you have a POST card?

ron