[LinuxBIOS] one last note

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:29:03 CET 2006

> BTW, anyone out there interested in GX2? We're starting work this week,
> actually meaning Hamish is going to show us how it's done :-)

Bitworks has been interested in using the GX2 as a replacement for our
STPC based stuff.  However its faceing _strong_ competition from the
newer 32 bit ARM micros we are also playing with.  The ARMS are
cheaper, they boot (a kernel) in a hearbeat, no legacy bios crap and
one test shows that even with software float emulation the performance
for our apps is just as good as the STPC.

The GX2 of course would be a much higher performance part but we
aren't quite convinced we need that yet.

I really dislike the thought of dealing with all that VSA crap.

--
Richard A. Smith