[LinuxBIOS] one last note

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Mon Jan 23 15:10:03 CET 2006

* Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> [060123 14:29]:
> The GX2 of course would be a much higher performance part but we
> aren't quite convinced we need that yet.
>
> I really dislike the thought of dealing with all that VSA crap.

We should remember there was a VSA implementation floating around
lately that has not been approved by AMD yet.

The question is whether a VSA loader helps any since it probably won't
allow us to put VSA modules in our source tree anyways. Are those
modules owned by legacy bios vendors, similar to ACPI?

Stefan