[LinuxBIOS] any chance to get X fbdev driver to work ?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 08:42:17 CET 2005

> Right, Offset 2 from the Via-M VGA-Bios mvspd_15.rom is 0x7D
> 0x7D * 512 = 64000
> Thats the correct image size before filling.
>
> I have filled up this image with 00 to 65536 and will now try
> 0x80 for Offset 2

Where did you stick the checksum?  Did you compute a checksum?

Also the X driver code you posted outputs the value when its in error.
 You should just be able to change the last byte of your vbios image
to whatever the X driver outputs.

For fill files I either do something like Kevin suggested or just
create one with cut and paste in a hex editor.  I always have some
32k, 64k, and 128k files of just 0xff that I use to [ap,pre]pend to
the file with 'cat'.  Also my flash programmer will do fills.

--
Richard A. Smith