V2 Epia report

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Oct 10 18:14:00 CEST 2003

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> So, to make sure the PCI scan behave correctly and builds the dynamic tree
> correctly, I need to take actions BEFORE the PCI scan occurs. But the PCI
> functions provided to the C code only work AFTER the PCI scan occurs.
> Hence the problem.
>
> This problem did not occur in v1.
>
> I'd like the solution to be very simple ...

I am grumpy because somehow in one of my merges the amd8111 piece of the code
to do this got lost.

Basically you include the devices you care about in your static device
tree and set an on/off flag to enable or disable them.  And then you
just need an appropriate enable method, for that device.

I will post the amd8111 version as soon as I get it recreated, and
yes the code is pretty simple.

	southbridge amd/amd8111 "amd8111"
		pci 0:0.0 on
		pci 0:1.0 on