(no subject)

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Thu May 1 22:01:00 CEST 2003

Because LinuxBIOS doesn't contain a kernel. LinuxBIOS initializes
hardware. One way to use LinuxBIOS, however, is to put the Linux Kernel on
the same eeprom and boot it directly. However, that's not always possible
due to small eeproms, it also makes it difficult to update that kernel.
Therefore, there are a variety of other ways to acquire the kernel and
boot it.