PCMCIA Support

tcc_linuxbios at thinkthink.com tcc_linuxbios at thinkthink.com
Thu May 1 22:55:01 CEST 2003

    The reason I'm interested in linuxbios is that I'd like to create a
self-contained (not remote booted) no-moving-parts system for
ruggetized use.

    I'd be open to a better idea - but so far I'm thinking of putting
an OpenBSD fs on a pcmcia ATA flash card and access it through one of
those PCI<->pcmcia cards. This should make for a neat off-the-shelf
system for firewalls, gateways, etc. Most bios's don't support pcmcia
because most mb's don't have pcmcia hw... Therefore my linuxbios
interest. Has anyone considered putting in PCMCIA support? A grep of
sources and mail archive comes up blank, except for booting off of CF.
CF would work but I suspect I have to buy a special (read expensive) mb
that has CF support.

    Am I getting myself into a project? :)

    tom.c