sdram on board

daniel at dmhome.net daniel at dmhome.net
Fri Jan 17 11:24:01 CET 2003

> so how far are you booting now?
>
> ron

The board has a plcc socket that supports up to 512kb flash + a dip doc socket mapped to the usual doc address.
I have done two tests:
1. linuxbios + a minimal 2.5 kernel with kexec in the flash,  that executes a 2.4 kernel from an ide harddrive.
2. linuxbios in flash and a 2.4 kernel at 00000 in a doc millenium as described in the config file of the technoland board.

I can boot into the rootfilesystem and did some network testing. The floppy drive doesn't work, but I suspect it is because it is still setup to use the winbond floppy and not the one from the chipset (??? am just guessing here now)
All is over serial console.
As far as understand from previous posts, the easiest way to get the vga to work would be to get the vga bios in flash? The vga chip on board is C&T69000, and I have a vga bios for it. (I did a quick test, the vga bios was found it seems, but I forgot to compile in pcibios.c , so it kept looping )

And then there is still the onboard sdram issue.

Greetings,

Daniel