sdram on board

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri Jan 17 12:07:01 CET 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:37:29 -0800, daniel at dmhome.net wrote:

> As far as understand from previous posts, the easiest way to get the vga to work would be to get the vga bios in flash? The vga chip on board is C&T69000, and I have a vga bios for it. (I did a quick test, the vga bios was found it seems, but I forgot to compile in pcibios.c , so it kept looping )

If you search hard enough there is a fb driver for the 69000.
However, last I looked it had not been worked on in a long while and
it didn't really work that well.  Chances are it probally won't
compile anymore with the current fb stuff.  But it might not be that
much work to fix.  The X 69000 driver works great so you might be
able to get a lot of code/settings from it if you tried.

I'm intersted in helping you get the C&T video bios working since our
system has 2 69000's on it and I'd like them to vga on boot rather
than wait for  fb or X.

Course I have to get SDRAM working first.  *grin*

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith at bitworks.com               479.846.5777 x104