[coreboot] Fitlet-B

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Wed Jun 17 19:35:40 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Xan <dxpublica at telefonica.net> wrote:

> Thanks for all the detailed answer. It's a pitty. AMD is a "devil
> company". What can I do?

A few simple things you can do:
1. Don't refer to a partner who has contributed to coreboot for about a
decade as a "devil company."
2. Don't reference threads/e-mails that bluster over non-existent legal
issues - That is a guaranteed way to end useful dialog.
3. Ask nicely, preferably with a business case for them to make additional
effort to support you.

> Regards,
>

> > So yes, there has been work done, but it has been more frustration than
> > what I would call efficient development so far. There is no contract or
> > funding for the fitlet port at the moment, so there is no schedule
> > either, at least not from my direction.
> >
> > All in all, I think it is a nice compact hardware with a couple of
> > different but similar enough models to make ports for. I am actually
> > hoping this OEM might be the one to catch enough sales volume to have
> > something to say to AMD about this binaryPI thing we constantly struggle
> > with.
> >

> > Kind Regards,
> > Kyösti Mälkki
>
> --