[SeaBIOS] [RFC v3] pciinit: setup mcfg for pxb-pcie to support multiple pci domains

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 06:44:24 CEST 2018

  Hi,

> Second, the v5 RFC doesn't actually address the alleged bus number
> shortage. IIUC, it supports a low number of ECAM ranges under 4GB, but
> those are (individually) limited in the bus number ranges they can
> accommodate (due to 32-bit address space shortage). So more or less the
> current approach just fragments the bus number space we already have, to
> multiple domains.

Havn't looked at the qemu side too close yet, but as I understand things
the firmware programs the ECAM location (simliar to the q35 mmconf bar),
and this is just a limitation of the current seabios patch.

So, no, *that* part wouldn't be messy in ovmf, you can simply place the
ECAMs where you want.

cheers,
  Gerd