[SeaBIOS] Use SeaBIOS as UEFI CSM

Roderick Klein roderickklein at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 31 08:17:37 CET 2018

Hello Paul,

I am the president of the Dutch OS/2 VOICE organisation. I have also
kind of been lurking here look at this possibility. Instead of modiying
legacy OS'es I was wondering if a UEFI loader could be created with
SeaBIOS build in. I think I did ask the question once on this list but
never got a reply. Off to work!

Something I think is very hopefull was this thread:
https://communities.intel.com/thread/51481?start=0&tstart=0

"I have FreeDOS running on Galileo using SeaBIOS as a CSM (Compatibility
Support Module)."

I am very interested to heat the opinion of other people!
Then again what operating system do your colleagues need or use a
virtual machine. And how many modern Linux, FreeBSD versions do not
support UEFI ? Then again if you are running an older OS of an
application that can be ported.

Best regards,

Roderick Klein
President os2voice.orgOn