[SeaBIOS] bug: boot menu items 10+ cannot be selected

Ivan Ivanov qmastery16 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:14:02 CEST 2018

Known problem. Year ago I sent a patch which fixes this problem by
making it possible to have up to 35 boot entries -
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/seabios/2017-June/011416.html -
which could be selected not just by a number but also a letter (only
have to press a single keyboard key). Sadly this patch has not been
accepted to the mainline SeaBIOS because of our disagreement with
Kevin about whether 2 pages of boot entries should be supported (only
enabled when there are >18 boot entries - and this could be useful for
many cases, e.g. when debugging a payload it is convenient to compile
a lot of different versions of payload with slightly different
solutions of a bug and flash a chip only once - also extending the
chips' life). But you are welcome to apply my "35 boot entries" patch
locally: there were no significant changes to the boot.c file, so I
expect my patch to work maybe even without any extra changes

Best regards,
Ivan Ivanov