[SeaBIOS] seabios issue

Roger Lawhorn rll at twc.com
Wed Jun 20 22:39:33 CEST 2018

Hello,

Recently my qemu with gpu passthrough setup quit working.

I think it is seabios related.
i have turned on debugging for seabios.

Here is the output from seabios from a successful windows 10 boot using
an emulated vga adapter:

https://pastebin.com/f3DCqTbc

Here is the output when using my nvidia gtx 880m 8gb gaming card:

https://pastebin.com/GpWKZadh

when seabios runs the option rom for nvidia it just halts.

i have never debuged seabios before so i dont know what would normally
show up at this point.
i.e. is this normal or is something wrong.

during the vga boot all 8 cpus go to 100% for a short time then drop.

during the failed boot with nvidia 1 cpu goes to 100% and stays there
forever. i have let it run all night at times.

i am seeking to figure out if i have a seabios issue.

i am running linux mint 18.3 and the repo copy of seabios is 1.8.2.

i have booted this 100's of times and never had an issue before.
thanks