[SeaBIOS] TPM 2.0 with SeaBIOS

Piotr Kubaj pkubaj at anongoth.pl
Sat Jul 21 20:11:14 CEST 2018

Hi,

I use SeaBIOS 1.11.2 as payload with 4.8-835-g113f670baa on ASUS KGPE-D16 board. I also have ASUS TPM-L R2.0 module with Infineon SLB9665 chip.

TPM is correctly detected by both Linux and FreeBSD. It's also detected by coreboot in debug console. But SeaBIOS doesn't cooperate with it - there's no TPM menu.

In serial console, I get:
TCGBIOS: Detected a TPM 1.2.
rsdp=0x000f1930
rsdt=0xbf4b9030
table(41504354)=0xbf4bf460
TCGBIOS: Starting with TPM_Startup(ST_CLEAR)
Return from tpm_simple_cmd(99, 1) = 1e
TCGBIOS: TPM malfunctioning (line 874).
Return from tpm_simple_cmd(73, 0) = 1e

Note that SeaBIOS detects it as TPM 1.2, even though it's TPM 2.0.

/ I find this corpse guilty of carrying a \
| concealed weapon and I fine it $40.     |
| -- Judge Roy Bean, finding a pistol and |
| $40 on a man he'd                       |
\ just shot.                              /
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||