[SeaBIOS] seabios fails to build with current IASL

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Jul 1 07:33:28 CEST 2018

01.07.2018 04:25, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 11:28:07AM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> Here's the debian bugreport
>>  https://bugs.debian.org/901462
>> with the patch.
>
> I'm a little confused - the SeaBIOS build doesn't call iasl by
> default.  It hasn't for quite some time (since commit 4373afae).

Yes, it doesn't call iasl when the pre-compiled acpi tables are
used. But it does that when the tables are missing or the source
is modified, and these tables can't be built using recent iasl.

My message is a bit confusing indeed, the default tarball is
buildable and it does not require iasl to build seabios. It is
only a problem when building the tables.

(A side note - this issue has been found on Debian, which follows
DFSG - Debian Free Software Guidelines - which, in turn, requires
that every piece of software shipped in Debian must be modifieable
and compilable. One of the side effects of this is that we disallow
any pre-compiled stuff - executables, object files, and these .hex
files too - we ensure all this is built during package build time
from actual editable source files).

Thanks!

/mjt