[SeaBIOS] Failure to detect high-capacity SD card

Chris coderight+seabios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:12:40 CET 2018

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:14 AM, Paul Menzel <pmenzel at molgen.mpg.de> wrote:
> Please tell us what SeaBIOS version you use, and attach the debug logs from
> a working and non-working setup.

I switched to the SeaBIOS git HEAD code just in case that made a
difference (it did not).

The machine has mmc0 as the internal 64GB SSD, mmc1 is the internal
card reader, then an external USB card reader (64GB) is attached as
well.

The internal card reader is an "Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP
Secure Digital IO UART Controller". Machine is a Skylake Intel
architecture. ASUS C302 (CAVE).

Here is the log from a 32GB card that fails to be detected:
https://pastebin.com/sGKX0tVB
ios data from Linux:
https://pastebin.com/bv91V8aq

Here is the log from a successful working 1GB card:
https://pastebin.com/c0AmjeDy
ios data from Linux:
https://pastebin.com/BApEPcVU

There is nothing different between the dmesg of either other than the
size of the detected card. All cards work fine in Linux.

I'll see if I can enable more debugging in the Linux kernel so I can
see what exactly it is doing to initialize the card because right now
it's not showing anything useful.

Chris