[SeaBIOS] Fw: Re: Re: Fw: Can VTPM2 support WINDOWS

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 21:19:15 CET 2017

Hi

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Stefan Berger <stefanb at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

> On 11/23/2017 07:48 AM, jwang at whu.edu.cn wrote:
>
> Hi,Berger,
>
> Thanks. But as I know CRB interface should be for mobile platform. We just
> want to support Windows Server 2012. Currently,the Windows Server 2012 can
> find physical TPM2 device. However, for vTPM, the windows server 2012
> virtual machine just can find a virtual TPM 1.2 device and can not find
> vTPM 2.0 device. We have tried linux such as ubuntu and the ubuntu virtual
> machine can find vTPM 2.0 device in seabios 1.10 and our modified
> qemu-kvm-ev-2.6.
>
> My suggestion is to try to pick the patches for QEMU and SeaBIOS CRB
> support or wait for the next version of QEMU...

I couldn't make Windows work with TPM2 and seabios. However, I have some
patch for ovmf to compile TPM2 support in, and it seem to work quite ok.  I
still have to figure out some PhysicalPresence issues (using
swtpm/libtpms). I am busy with other projects now, but you can take a look
at the branches (https://github.com/elmarco/edk2/tree/tpm2,
https://github.com/elmarco/qemu/tree/tpm). As you can see, work in
progress, and help welcome!

Marc-André Lureau