[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] Commit 77af8a2b95b79699de650965d5228772743efe84 breaks Windows 2000 support

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 08:57:51 CEST 2017

  Hi,

> It's a good goal.
>
> I apologize for forgetting the context, but what exactly was the
> argument against:
>
> - splitting modern ACPI generation from ancient ACPI generation (so
> that
> we can assign separate maintainers to ancient vs. modern),
>
> - restricting ancient ACPI generation to old machine types?

I think this is the only sensible solution for 2.10:  Have "pc" provide
a rev1 FADT and "q35" provide a rev3 FADT.

Or just revert the rev3 FADT patch and try again in the 2.11 devel
cycle.

We are in qemu freeze and we don't even have a clear plan yet how to
implement the "RSDT points to rev1 and XSDT points to rev3" thing,
which IMO is a clear indicator that it isn't 2.10 material.

Beside that I'll be in my summer vacation next three weeks, so I can't
take care to create a seabios 1.10.3 release and update qemu ...

cheers,
  Gerd