[SeaBIOS] how to enter into cmos-setup of seabios in qemu/kvm

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 11:05:42 CET 2017

On Mi, 2017-01-04 at 16:25 +0800, dw wrote:
> Thanks for your answer!
> I can enter into cmos-setup when running VMware,so I want to have a try
> with qemu/kvm.
>
> I have read Seabios's document,found that there were  items that could
> be configured with  "qemu-system* --fw_cfg",and only some of items was
> related to cmos setup.

Yes, some of the stuff you usually find in the cmos setup on physical
hardware (boot device order for example) is configured with qemu command
line switches instead.

fw_cfg (shortcut for firmware config) is the name interface used to pass
this information from qemu to the firmware (be it seabios, ovmf or
something else).

HTH,
  Gerd