[SeaBIOS] More than 9 boot devices

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 14:46:19 CET 2017

On Do, 2016-12-29 at 12:08 +0300, Аладышев Константин wrote:
> Will there be such a patch in the near future? Or this isn't in a plan
> right now?
>
> Anyway, what is the right way to deal with this situation? Display
> letters or symbols after "9"?  Or deal with two digit numbers?

Depends a bit on what you are targeting ...

Using letters is neat, we can continue to work with single key strokes
and can handle up to 36 entries.  Well, in practice more like 24 entries
because vga text mode has 25 lines only.  Supporting more than 24
entries in a reasonable manner is more complex as we will need support
for scrolling the boot menu then.

cheers,
  Gerd