[SeaBIOS] varlow/extrastack vs code

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Feb 18 17:55:18 CET 2017

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 04:11:28PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 18/02/2017 04:45, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> >> Right, keyboard reset (and port 92h reset) should be an INIT and not a
> >> full system reset.  But that's also something that should be fixed, not
> >> a quirk to rely on...
> >
> > Could we rely on the pci reset mechanism (port 0xcf9)?
>
> That's only 3-4 years old, but 0xcf9 followed by keyboard reset should
> always work.

Since this would be qemu specific, I think it would be okay if reset
only worked on qemu versions from the last few years.  Or, are you
saying only some machine types would support it?  I checked, and
reboots on isapc don't currently work at all (looks like the bios
isn't mapped to 0xfff00000 on isapc) so I don't think that's a
stopper.