[SeaBIOS] PCI regions mapping problem

Stas Sergeev stsp at list.ru
Thu Apr 20 00:18:37 CEST 2017

Hello.

I tried seabios on an emulator (not qemu) and
faced the PCI memory regions overlap.
After some debugging I came to the conclusion
that seabios simply forgets to align the base
addresses, and as the result, when the device
aligns the address down by clearing the "dont
care" bits, it can overlap the previous region.
I fixed the problem with the attached simple patch.
Still it is hard to believe such a bug can exist, so
I wonder if I am missing something. Any suggestions
to where should I dig to narrow the problem further?
Or can it be that seabios actually has the bug like
that and no one have noticed? :)