[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] RFC: Changing CBMEM console to run as a persistent ring-buffer

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Tue Apr 11 20:38:46 CEST 2017

> seabios doesn't read the log, instead it'll append its own messages.
> Which I expect will continue to work fine, except when it hits the end
> of the log buffer, where seabios will simply stop logging instead of
> rolling over.

Right, sorry, I confused something while writing the explanation there.
Nevertheless, the SeaBIOS code will require a small adjustment (same as the
libpayload driver in the patch I linked) to continue appending correctly
after the log has rolled over, and I'll provide that patch.

> Will the ability to change the 'Room allocated for console output in
> CBMEM' size still be available (and functional) for those need to view the
> full console output due to the addition of debugging/tracing lines?

Yes, nothing changes about where the console buffer space is allocated. You
can continue to increase the size through Kconfig. I'm just changing how it
gets used.