[SeaBIOS] GeodeVGA is not initialized during SeaBIOS execution

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Jul 11 02:09:38 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 02:23:12AM +0300, Andrey Korolyov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as per Kevin`s suggestion, I am posting initialization log (mixed one)
> from initialization of the GeodeLX board. As it could be clearly seen
> from the log, VGA option ROM was never called and executed during the
> initialization sequence, therefore issue with a lack of video output
> during SeaBIOS stage on this board looks somehow logical. [1] suggests
> that the problem existed long before, as most users of these boards
> are Alix owners who do not care about existence of the video output :)

Best guess is this check:

    u16 cmd = pci_config_readw(pci->bdf, PCI_COMMAND);
    if (!(cmd & PCI_COMMAND_IO && cmd & PCI_COMMAND_MEMORY))
        return 0;

in optionroms.c:is_pci_vga() is being triggered.  You could see if
coreboot is not enabling these PCI flags, temporarily disable the
check in seabios, or use "vgaroms/seavgabios.rom" instead of
"pci1022,2081.rom" for the seavgabios rom.