[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS security feature roadmap?

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 21:38:12 CET 2016

On 01/12/2016 11:36 AM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
[...]
> As far as a roadmap, I understand there is a plan to add TPM 2.0
> support to SeaBIOS.
>
> I'm not aware of any new consumer devices shipping with the support,
> and I understand that KVM/QEMU have had TPM support for some time
> already.
>
> Cheers,
> -Kevin

Thanks for the info, mentioned results here, including today's TPMv2
checking news:

http://firmwaresecurity.com/2016/01/15/seabios-gets-tpm2-security/

It sounds like some Chromebooks have SeaBIOS with TPMv1, unclear which
OEM devices/models. I'm still interested in a list of other consumer
devices with SeaBIOS and additional security, to point to in blog.

I wish SeaBIOS documentation included a table comparing BIOS security
features of all modern implementations, bare-metal and virtualized, to
compare SeaBIOS's features with other BIOS implementations.

Thanks!
Lee
http://firmwaresecurity.com/feed