[SeaBIOS] Does SeaBIOS support eMMC?

Scheithauer, Mario Mario.Scheithauer at siemens.com
Tue Jan 12 18:07:08 CET 2016

Hi Kevin,

Well, I understand.

> The drive is showing up as an 2TB drive, so something is clearly wrong with the
> size detection.  Upon attempting to boot from the drive, a read CRC error occurs.
> I wonder if the drive is not in sync with the controller on the number of data lines in
> use.

I believe the mechanism to determine the size for eMMC4.5 devices are differently than up to now.
However, that is no problem.

> How many SD/MMC devices are in this machine?  In addition to the eMMC drive
> that is detected, another device starts the detection on a different controller but
> fails earlier in the process.  Is that expected?

We have two Storage Control Cluster, one for SDIO / SD and one for eMMC 4.5.
In my opinion a device should be only at the second SCC connected.
However, should the last version of Lubuntu not work with that?
Lubuntu detects an mmc block device (mmcblk0boot0 and mmcblk0boot1).
But the size is not correct. Both blocks have a size of 256kB.
Fdisk cannot install a partition and ends with the error message 'failed to write disklabel: Operation not permitted'.
Maybe we have a hardware issue, because the eMMC device is directly on the board.
Hm, but the first steps to initialize the device do not look at all so bad.
So, it's enough for today.
Bye!