[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS Digest, Vol 72, Issue 33

Stefan Berger stefanb at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 7 19:57:42 CET 2016

On 12/22/2015 10:40 AM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:50:07AM -0500, Stefan Berger wrote:

>> SeaBIOS.
>>> I'm not aware of any plans.
>> We're working on it...
>>

>> So maybe you have some comments to the following:
>>
>> There will be a patch for probing the TPM TIS hardware interface for
>> whether there's a TPM 1.2 or a TPM 2.
>> We then have a patch for prefixing all TPM 1.2 functions with tpm12_ and
>> then introduce functions like these ones here:
>>
>> static ... tpm12_foo() { ... }
>> static ... tpm2_foo() { ... }
>>
>> tpm_foo()
>> {
>>      [...]
>>
>>      switch (tpmversion) {
>>      case TPM_VERSION_1_2:
>>          tpm12_foo()
>>          break;
>>      case TPM_VERSION_2:
>>          tpm2_foo();
>>          break;
>>      }
>>
>>      [...]
>> }
> Is the difference between 1.2 and 2.0 so large that the above is
> needed?

At some point I'll bring the TPM 2 patches back to life following the
many recent changes... Now my question is how to organize the code.
Should there be one file where we essentially have the above type of
code branching into TPM 1.2 & TPM 2 specific functions and TPM 1.2 and
TPM 2 code in separate files or the above type of functions at the end
of the current file and then a section with TPM 1.2 code and another
with TPM 2? It's a few patches building on top of each other, so want to
avoid churn...

Cheers!

    Stefan