[SeaBIOS] Error while compiling Seabios for Arch Linux ARM

XJDHDR derauville.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:49:39 CET 2016

>> Greetings
>>
>> I am currently trying to compile Seabios for Arch Linux ARM and I've
>> encountered an error during the compilation ‎
>
>SeaBIOS implements an x86 legacy BIOS. As such, it requires an x86
>compiler. So, you need to either compile on an x86 machine or setup
>and use an x86 cross compilation toolchain.
>
>-Kevin

Thank you for the response Kevin. Correct me if I'm wrong but won't x86 binaries not work on an ARM system as ARM processors don't understand x86.

I am attempting to get QEMU compiled and working on my ARM system and SeaBIOS is a dependency ‎for QEMU, hence my need to have the former compiled for ARM. Do you know if QEMU on ARM is okay with SeaBIOS' binaries being x86? If so, I think this will make things a lot easier for me.

Kind regards
Xavier de Rauville

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.