[SeaBIOS] Next release

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Oct 12 23:28:47 CEST 2015

I think it would be good to schedule the next SeaBIOS release
(v1.9.0).  I think the first week of November (Nov 6th) would be a
good target date for a release.

There are a couple of pending features that I would like to see go
into the next release:

 - the fw_cfg dma interface.  (Hopefully the fw_cfg dma interface will
   be accepted into QEMU in the next week or two so that it could make
   the next SeaBIOS release.)

 - remove the "make VERSION=xyz" version override, and replace it with
   a standard version string that is more "reproducible" than the
   current identifier.  (I hope to send some patches that implement a
   revised seabios version identifier later this week.)

Are there any other features or bug fixes that should be addressed
prior to the next release?