[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] QEMU fw_cfg DMA interface

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 16:11:07 CET 2015

On 10/01/2015 10:03 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
> [meta-comment]
>
> On 10/01/2015 06:14 AM, Marc Marí wrote:
>> Implementation of the FW CFG DMA interface.
>
> The subject line is missing "v4" and "0/7". Also, the cover letter is
> missing a diffstat.  That makes it harder to see from the cover letter
> what the rest of the series is about.  'git format-patch/send-email
> --cover-letter' does what you want; you can even 'git config
> format.coverletter=auto' to always include a decent cover letter on any
> multi-patch series.

Oh, I see - you sent a meta-cover letter (the one I replied to in this
subthread), and then a patch series including a cover letter (the real
0/7, then 1/7 and friends in-reply-to the 0/7) as a child of the
meta-cover.  It's still a bit awkward for tools that expect the 0/7 as
the start of the thread, and part of my confusion was caused by
out-of-order mail delivery due to the nongnu.org mail server still
recovering from its mail delays.