[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS recognising USB 3.0 on boot works - partly

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Nov 30 18:35:24 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 04:47:29PM +0000, edward wandasiewicz wrote:
> I started over, as I forgot which device was in which port.
>
> It seem's like a race condition, as I managed to get a USB device
> detected twice with JohnLewis RW_LEGACY as well now, although it
> doesn't happen very frequently. I pressed Ctrl-L and ESC with not much
> pause and got a double device detection.

To confirm, the "double device" is an error right - there aren't
actually two of these devices in the machine?

Looks like two separate issues are occurring - the Philips drive is
being detected as both a high speed device and as a super speed
device.  I need a log with CONFIG_DEBUG_LEVEL=5 to diagnose that.  The
second issue appears to be a USB_TRANSACTION_ERROR response from the
set_address command.  I think the controller may just be a bit too
picky on stall responses from devices in that situation.  I've put up
a patch to try and work around that in the repo at:

  https://github.com/KevinOConnor/seabios/tree/testing

Are you able to compile SeaBIOS from source and install it on your
Samus?