[SeaBIOS] Delay next release
kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Nov 9 14:44:12 CET 2015
I was originally planning for a 1.9.0 release on Nov 6th. However, a
couple of issues were raised this past week (python2.7 dependency in
buildversion.py, USB3 failures, reboot race condition). As a result,
I think we should push back the release a week (target Nov 16th).
Here are my draft release notes for 1.9.0:
* The default boot menu key is now the ESC key (instead of F12)
* Initial support for Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware and BIOS calls
* Initial support for chain loading SeaBIOS from Grub (via multiboot
* virtio 1.0 device support
* The build will no longer include the build hostname or build time on
"clean" builds. This makes the build binaries more "reproducible".
* SeaVGABIOS improvements:
* Improved support for old versions of x86emu (the "leal"
instruction is now emulated)
* Several bug fixes and code cleanups
More information about the SeaBIOS