[SeaBIOS] IDT issue

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Mar 19 14:42:29 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 06:59:19PM +0530, Naresh G. Solanki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With respect to the auto reset issue,
>
> I did detailed memory test on my board and found the following
> 0xA0000 - 0xBFFFF & 0xE0000 - 0xFFFFF region is not writable and every byte
> reads as 0xFF.

0xA0000-0xC0000 is the legacy vga range, it's not normally mapped to
memory, and can not (in normal cicrcumstances) be used as memory.

The 0xC0000-0x100000 region is the historic BIOS and option rom
location.  It almost certainly can be used as memory on your board,
but it's common for chipsets to have some magic bit that makes the
region read-only.  So, I think you need to find that magic bit and set
it properly.