[SeaBIOS] qemu freeze, seabios release

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 10:17:58 CEST 2015

On 06/11/15 09:42, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> qemu soft freeze for 2.4 is just around the corner, time to think about
> the seabios release which should be included there.
>
> A new release from master isn't even planned yet[1], so I think we
> should go for a 1.8.2 stable release.  So, if there are any fixes which
> should be cherry-picked into stable please speak up now.  So far my list
> is pretty short:
>
>   87f848e vga: rework virtio-vga support
>
> cheers,
>   Gerd
>
> [1] It probably makes sense to plan once the tpm support merge
>     is complete.

For the next master release: we've been working with Marcel on properly
formatting OFW devpaths in QEMU, for the "bootorder" fw_cfg file, for
booting off devices behind a PXB. Patches are on qemu-devel (meaning
they should be okay for 2.4). I have patches for OVMF and Marcel is
looking into SeaBIOS. So, I think support for these devpaths too should
be included in the next master release of SeaBIOS.

Thanks
Laszlo