[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS stuck at timer setup

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Jul 6 15:25:50 CEST 2015

On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 07:30:29PM +0200, Patrick Rudolph wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use SeaBIOS, but it's stuck at timer init.
> I've located the problem at line 71 in file src/hw/timer.c.
> It tries to write IO register 0x43 and freezes.
>
> Do you have any idea what could be wrong ?
>
> Test system:
> * Intel Pentium CPU G2130
> * Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
> * SeaBIOS 1.7.5 and SeaBIOS git f24eb2f853d4aa28814761e0bbc7df78149f8029
> * coreboot default configuration

Can you send the full debug log of the failed boot?

A failed write to 0x43 sounds very odd - it could be an incomplete
hardware configuration in coreboot, or it could be the legacy timer is
not fully supported on that board (though that seems unlikely).  You
could comment out the call to timer_setup() in post.c and see if the
boot progresses further.