[SeaBIOS] WD Elements hang SeaBIOS at boot with "call16 with invalid stack"

Tobias Diedrich tobiasdiedrich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:05:23 CET 2015

Hi,

I've attached a WD Elements 2TB drive to my pcengines APU1 as external
storage and just found that with the disk attached SeaBIOS crashes on boot.
:/
The controller is USB2, not USB3.

Both the stock rom "Build 4/5/2014 (current production)" and a
self-compiled coreboot rom with SeaBIOS master from git
(rel-1.9.0-43-g76327b9) exhibit the same issue.

I'm not sure if
http://www.seabios.org/pipermail/seabios/2015-November/009910.html is the
same issue since it doesn't have log messages and doesn't seem to complain
about it not booting at all.

Cheers,
Tobias