[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS Digest, Vol 72, Issue 33

Stefan Berger stefanb at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 21 17:50:07 CET 2015

"Kevin O'Connor" <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote on 12/17/2015 05:22:56 PM:

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:32:05AM +0000, Wim Vervoorn wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I noticed that a lot of work is going on for the TPM support in
SeaBIOS.

> > All of this work is TPM 1.2 based. I was wondering if there are any
> > plans to support TPM 2.0 in the future.
>
> I'm not aware of any plans.

We're working on it...

So maybe you have some comments to the following:

There will be a patch for probing the TPM TIS hardware interface for
whether there's a TPM 1.2 or a TPM 2.
We then have a patch for prefixing all TPM 1.2 functions with tpm12_ and
then introduce functions like these ones here:

static ... tpm12_foo() { ... }
static ... tpm2_foo() { ... }

tpm_foo()
{
    [...]

    switch (tpmversion) {
    case TPM_VERSION_1_2:
        tpm12_foo()
        break;
    case TPM_VERSION_2:
        tpm2_foo();
        break;
    }

    [...]
}

That way the probing will lead us to use either TPM1.2 or TPM 2 specific
code. There will be multiple such constructs in tcgbios.c file.

   Stefan