[SeaBIOS] 5 basic features provided by CSM, which SeaBIOS does provide?

Stojsavljevic, Zoran zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com
Mon Dec 21 13:57:33 CET 2015

Hello Kevin,

All Good with setting CSM ON for legacy support. You need it for 16 bit BIOSes, and for legacy OSes, such as WIN XP or WIN 7 and derivatives.

Here is the question I am wondering: What if I decide to bring FSP -> Coreboot -> SeaBIOS -> WIN 8.1 32. Do I really need SeaBIOS with option set to: CSM ON (I brought WIN 8.1 32  on CC2 with SeaBIOS and feature CSM ON)? In other words, can I bring WIN 8.1 32 on FSP -> Coreboot -> SeaBIOS with CSM OFF?

The same question for: FSP -> Coreboot -> SeaBIOS -> WIN 8.1 64? I guess, here is CSM ON mandatory. Am I correct?

Could I have a true 32 or 64 UEFI compliant OS on BSP: FSP -> Coreboot -> SeaBIOS -> UEFI OS sans/without CSM feature ON? The same one I have after bringing on UEFI 32/64 BIOS UEFI 32/64 OS (CSM is OFF always)?

Thank you,
Zoran