[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS recognising USB 3.0 on boot works - partly

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Dec 19 01:11:34 CET 2015

Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> > > Yes, but there isn't a way to "unregister" the drive once it's been
> > > registered.
> >
> > Oh - why not?
> >
> > If this has to do with e.g. BBS then maybe first register internally
> > during probing, then filter disconnected devices out, *then* register
> > "for real" ?
>
> Doing that is equivalent (unless I've missed something) to delaying
> registration until detection completes on all other ports on that
> controller.  That's the delay I'm leery of adding.

Hm - maybe I'm missing something?

Doesn't it effectively take the same amount of wall clock time?

Is your worry that by postponing registration some oddities could
come up e.g. in option ROMs that also parse the boot device list?

I looked at the code - technically it seems straightforward to
implement a boot_remove_hd(). Is that disallowed by the BBS?

//Peter