[SeaBIOS] Problems booting legacy OSes on Chromebook Pixel 2015

Charles Howell charles.howell.2048 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:54:44 CEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 7:26 PM, I wrote:

> I'm attempting to boot FreeBSD 10.1 (amd64) on a new Chromebook Pixel (via
> a USB CD) and it hangs as soon as the kernel is loaded into memory.

To eliminate the BSDs as the source of the problem, I just tried booting an
ISO of Memtest86 (which boots v4.3 when UEFI is not present) and got the
same results.  The bootloader comes up, but as soon as it tries to actually
load the program, the machine locks up ("Loading memtest...ready." and then
lock up).

If it makes any difference, this Pixel 2 has 16Gb of RAM.