[SeaBIOS] 回复:Re: about ZoneHigh occupying ram from last address of below 4G ram

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Apr 16 16:22:26 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:08:48PM +0800, penghao122 at sina.com wrote:
> I configure ram to 4GB,then the win7-64bit vm can boot successfully
> using unmodified seabios.  And I find that the vm can boot up after
> about 2 hours when configuring ram to 8G using unmodfied seabios.

What is your qemu/kvm command line?

It works fine for me (with a win7 beta I have locally).  I do see a
brief pause around the point where you show a 2 hour delay, but the
delay for me is only a few seconds.

This is the command I used:

../qemu/qemu-2.2.0/x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -k en-us -snapshot -L test -chardev stdio,id=seabios -device isa-debugcon,iobase=0x402,chardev=seabios -m 8192 -hda win7beta.img -enable-kvm -vga cirrus -smp 2 -usb

I think your issue should be reported on the QEMU/KVM mailing lists.
It's common to put reserved memory at the end of ram - for example,
run "dmesg | grep e820" on a real machine and see what it reports.
So, this doesn't look like a seabios issue to me.