[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS not fully working when compiled on FreeBSD

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:29:51 CEST 2015

> El 15/04/15 a les 20.27, Idwer Vollering ha escrit:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've compiled SeaBIOS on FreeBSD with gcc48
>>
>> _or_ build and use coreboot's crossgcc toolchain:
>> PATH=/path/to/coreboot_git_dir/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin:$PATH gmake
>> CROSS_PREFIX=i386-elf-
>
> I've tried compiling SeaBIOS with gcc and binutils from ports the
> following way:
>
> # pkg install binutils gcc48
> # PATH=/usr/local/bin/:$PATH gmake V=1 CC=gcc48
>
> And the result is the same, the binary compiles fine but fails to work
> as expected.

What does 'readelf -a out/bios.bin.elf' tell you, for each build where
you either override, or aren't overriding, CC with coreboot's
i386-elf-gcc or pkg's gcc48 and/or LD from FreeBSD's base or pkg?

payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios $ gmake CC=gcc48
LD=/usr/local/bin/ld &>/dev/null ; readelf -h out/bios.bin.elf | egrep
'OS/ABI'
  OS/ABI:                            UNIX - FreeBSD

payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios $
PATH=/home/idwer/coreboot/git/coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/bin:$PATH
gmake CROSS_PREFIX=i386-elf- &>/dev/null ; readelf -h out/bios.bin.elf
| egrep 'OS/ABI'
  OS/ABI:                            UNIX - System V