[SeaBIOS] new tag request for seabios

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Nov 21 20:29:58 CET 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 07:04:47PM +0000, Pandey, Sunil K wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for response. Following are specific change I'm talking
> about. Compilers are not expected to create .rodata.str1.1,
> .rodata.__func__ and .rodata.__PRETTY_FUNCTION__.  If compiler
> decide to use some other .rodata__ suffix name in place of __func__,
> __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ or str1.1, it breaks the compilation.
>
> As you can see someone already taken out that check from SeaBios
> mainline, but 1.7.5.1 still has.  As a result of this assumption,
> whenever I try to build SeaBios with Intel Compiler it Fail because
> Intel compiler uses some other character in place of
> __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ and __func__. It will be great if you can
> incorporate this fix in released version.

I made that change as part of commit e5749978.  The change was part of
a feature enhancement (compiling with -fno-merge-constants).

Is this the only thing preventing compilation on the Intel compiler?

Typically a feature enhancement such as e5749978 would go into the
next release, and we're likely a month or so out from the next
release.

As Peter mentioned in another email, it should be possible to checkout
a git version using the hash instead of a tag name in the interim (eg,
"git checkout 9f505f71").