[SeaBIOS] [RFC] SeaBIOS v2.0 and 32bit drivers

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 13 19:18:39 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 12:45 -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> That is interesting.  Do you have a link to code or a spec handy?  (I
> looked through the "Compatibility Support Module Specification" again
> and I see it talks about SMMs, but it seems to say that what is
> implemented is "IBV" specific.)

Right. The CSM specification is fairly incomplete, and large parts of
the details around how you enumerate boot targets and communicate that
to the CSM are left to the implementer.

It's only on chasing up my questions about how it's supposed to work,
that I ended up being told that we expect it all to happen with SMM and
"native" UEFI drivers, and the CSM really having very little
hardware-specific code at all.

--
dwmw2