[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.0.0-rc0 is now available

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Mon Mar 17 19:30:20 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 14.03.2014 04:19, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
> On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of the
> first release candidate for the QEMU 2.0 release.  This release is meant
> for testing purposes and should not be used in a production environment.
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-2.0.0-rc0.tar.bz2

I've run into an issue with the SeaBIOS submodule included in the QEMU
tarball: The SeaBIOS scripts/buildversion.sh script looks for a .git
directory or file and, if absent, goes on to look for a .version file,
neither of which the QEMU tarball ships. That means it will fall back to
"?" as version, whereas the binary blob contributed by Gerd displays
"rel-1.7.4-0-g96917a8".

Should our tarball workflow include generating a roms/seabios/.version
file based on git-describe in that directory to fix this mismatch?

Thanks,
Andreas